This course is divided into two parts. First, we introduce the problems and the main tools of the multi-criteria decision making. Then, we present the challenges of the flow management in the production systems of both goods and services for which the multi-criteria aspects are important.
Part 1: multi-criteria decision-making
In this part we study the methods that address multi- criteria issues. This part of the course will enable the students to master such methods in an operational way. The structure is as follows:
1- Introduction to multi-criteria decision-making
2- Overview of the multi-objective optimization methods
3- Criteria evaluation methods (criteria weights)
4- AHP method (Analytic Hierarchy Process)
5- Outranking methods: ELECTRE and PROMETHEE methods
Part 2: flow management in production systems (products and/or services).
The approach used is deliberately inductive. From the presentation of the various sectors (industrial and service) issues, several modeling and analysis elements are introduced to address these issues. The structure is as follows:
1- Introduction: definitions, problems, issues, modeling and analyzing tools for flow management.
2- Flow Management in various sectors (products/services)
- automotive industry
- microelectronics industry
- hospital sector
- energy sector
Basics in discrete optimization and production management.
Some knowledge on modeling production systems and analysis tools
Évaluation session 1 (E1)= Examen individuel écrit sur la partie multi-critère (E11)
Contrôle continu (CC) - La note de CC ne se rattrape pas - Rapport de projet et soutenance orale sur la partie gestion des flux(E12)
Évaluation session 2 (E2) = Examen écrit sur la partie multi-critère (E21) - Synthèse d'article pour la partie gestion des flux (E22)
N1 = note finale session 1
N2 = note finale session 2
N1 = 0.4 E11 + 0.6 E12
N2 = 0.4 E21 + 0.6 E22
The course exists in the following branches:
Course ID : WGUGESF4
You can find this course among all other courses.
• D. Bouyssou , B. Roy, Aide multicritère à la décision : Méthodes et Cas, Economica (1993).
• B. Roy. Multicriteria Methodology for Decision Aiding. Kluwer Academic (1996).
• J.P. Brans et P. Vincke, « A preference ranking organisation method: The ROMETHEE method for MCDM », Management Science (1985)
• Saaty, Thomas L. Relative Measurement and its Generalization in Decision Making. Review of the Royal Academy of Exact, Physical and Natural Sciences, Series A: Mathematics (RACSAM) 102 (2): 251–318 (2008)
Date of update June 6, 2014