The Engineering Design Project is carried out in groups. Students must:
• design and/or manufacture a product which meets the customers' needs
• implement a structured approach by using design and project management methods and tools (functional specifications, provisional schedule,...)
Within the framework of this activity students will:
• apply scientific and technological knowledge and tools which they have previously learnt,
• manage working in a group,
• communicate within the group and with the various other participants of the project.
At the end of the course, students will be able to perform specific design tasks in a thoughtful and coordinated manner in order to make a product which meets the customers' needs (each group does not necessarily have to carry out all the design tasks).
• Study the product environment: market, production chain, cost
• Functional analysis
• Choice of technological solutions
• 3D modelling
• Layout solutions
• Simulation: kinematics, dynamics, structure, multi physics, manufacturing, ergonomics
• Manufacturing, assembly
• Tests, instrumentation
• Study costs
• Using methods and tools for structuring a design within a group
• Functional specifications
• Provisional schedule
The Engineering Design Project takes 126 hours and is organised in groups of 5 or more students.
Each group must include a project manager and a librarian. Each group will have a customer with whom he will have to define and negotiate a specific need. A meeting with the client must be planned. Each group will have an advisor who will help with implementing a structured approach. Discussions between the advisor and the group will take place during planned 'progress meetings' or at other meetings which are planned beforehand either by the advisor or the project manager. The advisor may be present at customer-group meetings. Each group can go and see the training team (teachers and technicians) who are available for resolving any scientific and/or technical problems.
Bachelor en ingénierie
Assessment is based on the following documents which are to be handed in:
Functional specifications (product and project), provisional schedule, mid-term report, final report, presentation video, prototype
S1: Moyenne(Livrable 1, Livrable 2)
S2: moyenne (Livrable 3, Livrable 4)
The course exists in the following branches:
Course ID : 4GMP0817
You can find this course among all other courses.
Réalisé dans la première partie du cours
Date of update June 20, 2019