- It takes place in the final semester (S6) of the Engineering Degree.
- The knowledge and skills that the students have acquired during their Engineering programme is applied throughout the project.
- Students work as professional engineers and gain experience in the industrial world either in a company or a laboratory.
- allow a fully trained student, specialised in Industrial Engineering, to work on a project with a specific problem to resolve;
- evaluate the student's personal and professional qualities throughout the project with a view of perhaps hiring the student afterwards.
- carry out complete projects as professional engineers;
- confirm their desire to start their careers as an engineer in a particular domain, or in another similar type of job.
For the school:
- be aware of current issues in Industrial Engineering and their development;
- take into account Industrial Engineering developments and update training programmes where necessary;
- check that the students have acquired the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out their projects successfully.