Number of hours
- Lectures 15.0
- Projects -
- Tutorials 15.0
- Internship -
- Laboratory works 24.0
- Written tests -
This is a course on basic Automation and Control.
At the end of the course, students will be able to analyse, model and control industrial processes.
Students will have acquired the basic knowledge necessary, in Automation and Control, for an engineer in Industrial Engineering.
• Basic course on Boolean algebra, Combinatory logic, GRAFCET (Graphe Fonctionnel de Commande, Étapes Transitions) a French acronym meaning "Step Transition Function Charts" (concepts, rules, analyses, parallelism, synchronisation), GEMMA (Guide d'Etude des Modes de Marche et d'Arrêt) a French acronym meaning "Study Guide of Start and Stop Modes" and programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
Course on Continuous Automation - linear servos:
• Course includes a presentation of the analog control of a system and provides tools for analysing (both temporal and frequential parameters).
• Mathematical representations: "Laplace Transform", continuous and discrete time transfer function.
• Study a process known by its continuous time transfer function (dynamics, stability, frequency interpretation).
• Study the characteristics of a servo (rapidity, stability, precision).
• Synthesis of an analog control (PID analog controllers).
Hours on Combinational and Sequential Automation: exercises on GRAFCET
Hours on Continuous Automation: exercises linked to content studied in the course, a number of sessions using the "Scilab" software. Develop a control for a turbine-generator.
Practical work (12 hours): Control of a flexible production workshop
• The practical work will take place in the assembly workshop at AIP PRIMECA Dauphiné-Savoie. The work consists of developing a control system for a flexible production workshop. The technology will be implemented on programmable logic controllers (PLCs) using the development environment UNITY.
The practical work requires:
• Modelling the assembly workshop in the form of GRAFCETS.
• Production and transfer of GRAFCETS to automaton
• Validating models.
no prerequisites in automtion or computer science expected
2 exams in F1 and F3 and practical work evaluation
Si présentiel possible
N1 = (2* E1_1 + CC_1)/6 + E1_3/2
E2 = N2
Si 100% distanciel
N1 = E1_1/2 + E1_3/2
The course exists in the following branches:
- Curriculum - Engineer IPID apprentice program - Semester 5
Course ID : 3GUA0602
You can find this course among all other courses.
"Analyse et régulation des processus industriels" P. Borne et al., éd. Technip
"Du Grafcet aux réseaux de Petri" R. David, H. Alla ; éd. Hermès