• Present modelling tools for discrete events (Petri nets, Queueing networks, discrete event simulation language) for modelling production systems (products and services) in the aim of designing these systems.
• Understand a set discrete event model and work on the modelling stage of a complex system.
In this course we present discrete event models: formal models (Petri nets and Queueing networks) and simulation models (ARENA).
• Petri nets (9 hours of lectures and 9 hours of tutorials) -Introduction to state automata -Autonomous Petri nets, formal validation -Timed Petri nets, performance evaluation -Coloured Petri nets
• Queueing networks (13.5 hours of lectures and 13.5 of tutorials) -Revision of probability course -Introduction to stochastic process -Markov chains (discrete and continuous time) -Queueing networks (analysis of one queue, product form networks)
• Discrete Event Simulation (15 hours of laboratory work) -link between queueing networks and simulation (notion of ergodicity, convergence, comparison of analytical methods and simulation) -presenting and programming a discrete event simulation software (ARENA)
1st exam period: written exam with a set time limit (75%) + practical work (25%)
2nd exam period (resists): written exam (75%) + mark from practical work from the 1st exam period (25%)
N1 = 0,25*CC + 0,75*E1 Cette pondération est compatible avec une organisation des enseignements et des examens en distanciel.