Number of hours
- Lectures -
- Projects -
- Tutorials -
- Internship -
- Laboratory works 21.0
- Written tests -
This second foreign language course is based on the five skills of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). The five skills are listening, reading, spoken interaction, spoken production and writing. The aim of this first year course is for students to:
• Learn how to communicate and to express themselves in public in the foreign language studied.
• Consolidate basic grammar rules already studied and put them into practice in real-life situations.
• Improve and widen lexical knowledge in various different domains.
• Learn more about the cultural aspects of the country/ies of the language studied.
The main objectives of this semester is for students to be able to use their language skills in everyday life situations and in communication.
• Practise writing reviews on short newspaper articles or recent news from the television.
• Present a topical issue/subject in groups of 2 + a debate.
• Describe an object, a landscape, a character, an event.
• Talk about characters and personality.
• Read figures and interpret charts/graphs.
• Expressions of time and duration.
• Grammar points and phonetics.
The skills aimed at are the following:
• Understanding general information based on authentic documents (news articles, current events, topical issues).
• Listening and speaking techniques.
• Reading and writing techniques.
• Relating a story in the past and talk about a future project.
• Describing concrete aspects of private and professional life.
• Talking about everyday life topics such as family, hobbies, leisure activities, travelling, work.
• Giving a direct, simple presentation.
Continuous assessment (CC) = based on class activities, attendance, class and language laboratory participation
E1 = Final written exam from 1st exam period : comprehension of oral and written documents, essay, grammar and vocabulary exercises. Oral exam.
E2 = Written or oral exam from 2nd exam period
N1 = Final mark from 1st exam period
N2 = Final mark from 2nd exam period
N1 = 0,7*CC + 0,3*E1
N2 = 0,7*CC + 0,3*E2
The course exists in the following branches:
- Curriculum - Engineer student Bachelor - Semester 5
Course ID : 3GMC0625
You can find this course among all other courses.