Number of hours
- Lectures 1.0
- Projects -
- Tutorials -
- Internship -
- Laboratory works -
- Written tests 4.0
The product development project is a design activity carried out in a group with the aim of:
- The design and / or manufacture of a product meeting the needs of a customer.
- The implementation of a structured approach by the use of design methods and project management tools (functional specifications, provisional planning, ...)
The part 1 product development project takes place over 60 hours in groups of 5 or more students, in an international environment.
Each group should have a project manager and a data manager.
Each group will have a client with whom it will have to define and negotiate the need. For this he will have to arrange a meeting with his client.
Each group will have an academic follower who will help implement a structured process. Meetings between the tracker and the group will take place during pre-planned progress meetings (bi-weekly audits) or during meetings convened by the tracker or the project manager.
2 interim audits, 2 deliverables and a final presentation punctuate the project.
The follower can be present during client - group meetings.
Each group will address the training team (teachers and technicians) present for the resolution of its scientific and technical problems.
As part of this activity, students will in particular:
Apply the scientific and technical knowledge and the tools taught in the courses, manage group work throughout the year, and communicate within the group and with the various external actors of the project.
At the end of the semester, the student should be able to:
- Formulate and analyze a need, in relation to a client. Represent this need in a functional specification.
- Study the product environment: market, production chain, cost
- Consistently use the project management methods and tools to structure a design process and manage it (risk analysis, cost assessment)
- Write technical documentation allowing the continuation of the project.
- Communicate technically to management, convince, explain.
Bachelor's level technical knowledge in the field of mechanical engineering and / or mechatronics.
Reports and oral presentations throughout the year, according to the given schedule.
S1 : moyenne (L1, L2)
Cette pondération est compatible avec une organisation des enseignements et des examens en distanciel
L1: analyse du besoin, état de l'art, définition des objectifs du projet
L2: proposition d'alternative de solutions, critères de choix
Cette UE n'est pas rattrapable (pas de session 2).
The course exists in the following branches:
- Curriculum - - Semester 7
- Curriculum - Master 1 GI SIE program - Semester 7
- Curriculum - Engineer student Master PD - Semester 7
Course ID : 4GMP1611
You can find this course among all other courses.
A faire durant le projet