Number of hours
- Lectures 9.0
- Projects -
- Tutorials 21.0
- Internship -
- Laboratory works -
- Written tests -
• The aim of this course is to learn how to model complex discrete event systems and analyse them via simulation using ARENA software.
• To be able to reach this aim, some modelling techniques and methods for analysing complex systems will be presented in a stochastic environment.
• Students will learn about the main steps to follow in order to carry out a simulation project.
• Lectures (18 hours)
-Introduction: Elements of discrete event simulation models
-Analysis of input data
-Definition of granularity, verification and validation of simulation models
-Design of experiments for simulation and sensitivity analysis
-Analysis of simulation results
-Examples of modelling
• Project on modelling and simulating a complex system (12 hours of practical work)
Discrete Event Systems course, Basic Probability and Statistics course, basic knowledge of ARENA software is a plus.
- Continuous assessment and homeworks.
- Written project reports.
25% Continous control and homeworks
25% Written Assumptions Report
50% Final Report
These percentages are compatible with an organization of courses and evaluations in distant mode.
The exam is given in english only
The course exists in the following branches:
- Curriculum - Engineer student Master SCM - Semester 8 (this course is given in english only )
Course ID : 4GUL10B5
You can find this course among all other courses.
A.M. Law, Simulation Modeling and Analysis, McGraw Hill, 4th edition, 2006.
T. Altiok, B. Melamed, Simulation Modeling and Analysis with ARENA, Elsevier, 2001.